Pay in full now for only £1,995.
Interest-free easy payment plan available:
Deposit £495.00 then five monthly instalments of £320.00.
- Online training resources
- Bound manual
- video library
- Polestar Principles online
- Proficient at Pilates mat exercises from beginner through to advanced.
- Understand the fundamentals of group dynamics.
- Design training programmes and exercise sequences.
- Acquisition of communication skills for successful teaching.
- Emphasise the use of tactile and imagery cues.
- Modification of exercises for special populations.
- Learn precautions and contraindications to ensure safe teaching.
- Group Exercise instructors
- Health & Fitness professionals
- Rehabilitation practitioners
- Movement teachers (eg yoga, dance)
- 25 hours of private or group Pilates classes.
- A reasonable knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- 25 hours of private or group Pilates classes.
- Qualified rehabilitation practitioner or fitness/movement professional or have completed Polestar Gateway course.
- A basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology
Walk away skilled at designing Pilates training programs using the Pilates mat repertoire.
- 13 pre-Pilates exercises
- 17 beginner/intermediate Pilates exercises
- 25 intermediate/advanced Pilates exercises
- Dozens of variations and modifications of these exercises
To graduate, you need to demonstrate your competence as a Polestar Pilates mat instructor. This is a fundamental part of the training where you complete 25 hours of observation, 50 hours of self-practice and 50 hours of apprentice teaching. Polestar offers a number of support options to help you pass your practical teaching with confidence. It’s important to book regular private sessions (at least monthly) with a member of your education team. They will help keep you on track with your self-mastery and apprentice teaching. You can also get together with other students (up to 3) to share private tuition costs. A list of Polestar Educators and Mentors is provided when you start your course.
Certification Costs & Requirements
When you decide to take your exam and get certified is up to you, although we recommend that you sit your exam within two years of completing the course. Exams run in March and September. The cost of your exam and certification is £195. Book your exam when you’re ready from our event calendar here.
To keep accreditation current, mat graduates need to complete 16 hours of Polestar training courses and/or workshops every two years as well as two hours of self-practise and 5 hours teaching each week.
Then all you do is complete the form and return to us having paid the appropriate renewal fee online HERE (£75 prior to expiry, £150 after expiry). We will then maintain your listing, as a currently accredited Polestar instructor in our “Find a Teacher” search HERE.
TIP: Check your certification expiry date and ensure you have completed your hours before that date! We run Polestar Advanced training courses and workshops so there are plenty of opportunities for you to complete your practice and hours.
If you have multiple certifications, these can be renewed on one form, for one fee with the necessary hours recorded once. Just remember to tick all the boxes that apply.
Cancellations in writing prior to course commencement date (first scheduled attended module) will be refunded as follows:
- With 60 days’ or more notice – 100% of fees;
- With 30 or more days’ notice – 50% of fees;
- Less than 30 days’ notice – Nil.
Refundable course fees exclude course materials costs of £495.00 which are non-refundable. Any unpaid payment plan instalments become due in full at the time of cancellation and any outstanding balances will be charged to your payment card. If, at the time of booking, you know that you will not be able to attend a scheduled course module, let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate you on a subsequent course for a nominal transfer fee. After course commencement, modules missed can either be caught-up privately with a Polestar educator/mentor at your own cost, or, subject to availability, re-booked on a subsequent course at a significant discount. We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any course or course module, in which case the fees will be refunded in full. Polestar Pilates UK Limited is not responsible for any participant’s hotel/airline reservations or transportation to and from a course in the event of cancellation of a course.
|PPO – Principles Online||Pre-course online self-study|
|GWM - Polestar Gateway Module||9-10 Jan 2021 (Sat 09:00-18:00 / Sun 09:00-17:00)|
|M1 - Mat 1 Introduction||5 Feb 2021 (Fri 17:00-19:00)|
|M1 – Mat Module 1||6-7 Feb 2021 (Sat 09:00-18:00 / Sun 09:00-17:00)|
|M2 – Mat Module 2||6-7 Mar 2021 (Sat 09:00-18:00 / Sun 09:00-17:00)|
|M3 – Mat Module 3||17-18 Apr 2021 (Sat 09:00-18:00 / Sun 09:00-17:00)|